Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! While the COVID-19 pandemic is adding stress to our lives, we Pals hope this blog hop will help to lift your spirits. Let us inspire you to take a creative break and relax for a little while. This month our theme is “Special Occasions” where we have made a project for just about any occasion you can think of! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
It is time to celebrate you. I am so appreciative of each of you for all you do every day to make the lives of those around you special. I am sure that you are reaching out to family, friends, and neighbors with a card, phone call or other kindness. So it doesn’t have to be Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or your Birthday. I am calling this ‘YOU Day’. This is time for you to relax, enjoy, and breathe. It’s YOU TIME.
Here is the card that I created for the Pals’ Blog Hop – Special Occasions! I chose to use the Peaceful Poppies Suite. The sentiment is from the Friend Like You stamp set and the sprigs are from the Botanical Tags dies.
When I create, I make piles of stuff. I stamped and embossed several of the poppies for another project and had them tucked away for future use. This works for me. Extra parts are kept with the stamp set in a cellophane bag. Then I can spend my time designing when the mood hits.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ plus scraps for stamping poppies
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Basic Black Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ plus scraps for die-cutting poppy outlines
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp 2 large and 1 small poppy on Thick Whisper White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and heat emboss with Clear Emboss Powder.
- Stamp ‘solid’ stamp over poppies. Don’t worry about getting it exact.
- Die-cut poppies, poppy outline and vines.
- Stamp card panel with dot cluster from Artisan Textures stamp set and heat emboss with black embossing powder.
HINT: If you find that you get errant black embossing on your white cardstock even after wiping it down with the Embossing Buddy, try using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to stamp image and add clear embossing powder to heat emboss.
- Add Dimensionals to one of the large poppies and one Dimensional to the base of the smaller poppy.
- Use liquid glue to adhere poppy outlines. A little goes a long way. I just put a couple dabs on the center of the poppy outline.
- Adhere one of the large poppy’s then wrap some white linen thread (from a past Paper Pumpkin kit) around card and tie a bow.
- Layer the remaining 2 poppies and the black vines. TIP: I use tweezers to tuck the vines behind my poppies. Use either a dab of liquid glue on the end or a glue dot.
- Stamp and emboss the sentiment on Thick Whisper White cardstock and cut to the width of the card. Adhere to card using a Dimensional at either end.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and stamp it to coordinate with your card.
Mark your calendars
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 13th, when we will say “Goodbye to January Mini and 2019 Annual Catalog and/or Hello to 2020 Annual Catalog.” The Design Team will showcase their favorites from the retiring catalogs or new products from the new catalog. Don’t miss the fun! And, until then, please stay safe.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink **YOU ARE HERE**
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
There are so many great reasons to join Stampin’ Up!. You choose $125 in product for one low price $99 plus tax. No shipping charges on this order. All future orders will be at least 20% off. You will have access to order new products before they are available to the general public. There is a wonderful support group for new ideas, designs, challenges and other fun stuff that is available to Demonstrators ONLY. To maintain your demonstratorship, there is a $300 quarterly minimum. If you decide not to continue, there is no obligation. Click HERE TO JOIN NOW.
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my clients and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.