Welcome! There are always days and events to celebrate and sometimes mourn. I needed several sympathy cards. So, I grabbed by Poppy Moments dies, decided that blue & gold would be fitting and found a perfect Designer Series Paper. The poppy was die-cut from the Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper. There is just so much depth of color that it looks like I used some fancy technique. But you and I know that the secret is starting with the fabulous Designer Series Papers from Stampin’ Up!
Do you want to see another version of this card using DSP? Check this out.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- NIght of Navy Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ plus strip 1/2″ x 4″ for sentiment
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for inside message panel
- Perennial Essence DSP: die-cut solid poppy and large poppy’s center
- Gold Foil DSP: die-cut outlines
- Vellum: die-cut leaf stems
PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp sentiment with Versamark or Gold Encore ink and heat emboss with Gold Embossing Powder. TIP: I use Gold Ink to get a deeper color and so that I can see where I stamped.
- Stamp some background texture in a diagonal (upper left to lower right). I used Artisan Textures stamp set (soon to be retired)
DIE-CUTTING: Use Poppy Moments dies
- Die-cut the poppy stencil from the Whisper White card front panel as shown.
- 3 leaf stems. TIP: I cut off the bottom 2 leaves before I tucked them behind the poppies
- Gold Foil:
- Bud leaves
- Poppy Outlines: 1 large and 2 small
- Stamen centers
- Designer Series Paper: (On SALE while supplies last!)
- Solid poppies (large and small)
- Large poppy center
- Layer the poppies. You only need a very small amount of liquid glue on a couple of the outer edges and a bit in the middle. TIP: If you are having trouble controlling the glue, squeeze some onto a scrap of paper and use a sponge tip (eye shadow sponges work very well) to apply the liquid glue. BE CAREFUL where you put that glue laden scrap of paper!
- Add Dimensionals behind the poppies. Only one side of the smaller poppy needs a Dimensional. Watch for the overlap!
- Tuck one of the gold poppy outlines behind the large poppy.
- Put liquid glue on the ends of the foliage and use tweezers to tuck them behind the poppies.
- Layer as shown or until it pleases you.
Do you notice some gold leaves that are not in the die set? These came from past Paper Pumpkin kits. They were extra and I stored them with my Gold Foil Paper so that I remembered to use them on future projects like this one.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap. I made an extra poppy and glued it to the envelope. It goes through the mail just fine. Make sure you can run your hand across it without ‘flipping up’ any paper.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel, add a poppy/leaf cluster, and adhere to the inside of the card.
I am pleased to tell you all that the Poppy Moments dies have carried over into the NEW Stampin’ Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. You have not idea how glad I am. I hope you have a current catalog, but if you do not, please contact me and I will let you know how to get one.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you. What did you like and what would you like to see more of?
- Please use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Shop the LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS before they are GONE!
- Stampin’ Blends will be sold as Combo packs only in 20-21 catalog
- Snail adhesive is being replaced by an easier to use ‘dot-type’ adhesive in two strengths
- Aqua Painters will be sold in a 3 pack – to include a broad brush
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts of up to 60%!
- Read my Reasons to Join and why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Visit my project gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin.
- Don’t miss a blog post. Subscribe to my BLOG NOW!
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)