Oh, the joy of the Peaceful Moments and Painted Poppy Bundles. I can’t get over how versatile they are. I created this Poppy Power Card in Neutral Colors and love the look.
Here is the card.
Pretty cool, right? I used the Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder that is included in the Country Club Suite and paired it with the Peaceful Poppies Suite. Then converted it to a ‘black and white’ photo. At least, that was my plan.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ for die-cutting poppy and sentiment label
- Basic Black Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ plus scrap for die-cutting poppy outline
- Gray Granite Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: scraps for die-cutting
CREATING THE PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp and a die-cut sentiment.
- Die-cut poppy and leaf parts as shown.
- Emboss Gray Granite with Absolutely Argyle 3D embossing folder.
- Add Dimensionals behind the poppy.
- Flick some ink splatters on the embossed panel using the Basic Black Stampin’ Blend. TIP: Use the cap of the Stampin’ Blend and flick the brush end in the direction you want the splatter.
- Tie a double bow from white linen thread (this was a leftover from a Paper Pumpkin kit) TIP: To tie a double bow, cut 12′ length, fold it in half, grab center and tie a bow, trim the ends.
- Layer as shown
- Add some Pearl Basic Jewels around the poppy. TIP: The mini spatula end of the Take Your Pick Tool makes placement easy.
- Grab a coordinating envelope and add some decorative stamping. stenciling, embossing or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, stamp a sentiment and adhere to the inside of the card.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020, and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.