Today is about puppy love. I have 3 birthday cards for you. But before I show you the cards, let’s talk about the Playful Pets Suite. What is not to love about the unconditional love of a pet? I could not wait to open up my Playful Pet Suite. The awesomely cute Pampered Pets stamp set and coordinating dies are sure to bring a smile to your face. And did you know that 2 of the dies can cut out images from the Designer Series Paper? Then there are the heart and dog bone trinkets. I am on my second set of ribbon spools. Think Christmas goodies and get that ribbon NOW.
Here are my 3 cards. All using the Buffalo Check background stamp to give these cards a festive ‘lumberjack’ vibe. I really want these little dogs to have accents. I think we will start with an Irish brogue or a Scottish burr. Listen to this guy… I love him talking about fly fishing and the area. (I’ve listened to this 3x and I am still lost!)
- Card base –
- Thick Whisper White: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Real Red cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for Buffalo Plaid card panel
- Whisper White cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (if using Basic Black card base)
- Basic Black & Soft Suede cardstock for layering die-cuts
- Vellum (I had retired vellum with a print)
- Playful Pets Designer Series Paper
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Use Stamparatus to line up Buffalo Plaid background stamp.
- Stamp Buffalo Plaid on Real Red using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- TIP: Use a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of cardstock then trim to 3-3/4″ x 5″ after stamping. Save trimmings for layering sentiment.
- Die-cut a dog from Playful Pets DSP. TIP: Trim the dog from the larger DSP as shown.
- Die-cut 2 additional dogs from Basic Black cardstock and layer the dogs together. TIP: This step gives a nice solid die-cut when adding Dimensionals.
- Add Black Dimensionals behind the dog die-cut layers.
- Fussy cut some of the dogs around the edges to customize the message insert and envelope.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ x 5″ strip from the Playful Pets DSP.
- Trim ends with Banner Triple Punch. HINT: If you do not have this, GET IT NOW! This punch is perfect for fishtail on 1″, 1-1/2″ and 2″ strips.
- Cut a strip of the words from the Playful Pets DSP TIP: Cut between the line. It is easy to line up on the Stampin’ Trimmer. Practice makes perfect.
- Trim ends with Banner Triple Punch: TIP: Line it up from the back. Put the tip between the lines of words and punch.
- Use a sponge dipped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink to dab the white edges of the black DSP.
Stamping Sentiments & Dog Bowl
The sentiments are from the Itty Bitty Birthdays, Itty Bitty Greetings, and Seaside Notions (trimmed).
- Stamp sentiment with white craft ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder
- Trim to size,
- Layer with scraps of Buffalo Plaid trimmings. TIP: I used a sponge dipped in the Memento Tuxedo Black to darken the edges
- Stamp dog bowl with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Color dog bowl with Real Red Stampin’ Blends or Stampin’ Marker. (I used Stampin’ Blends).
- Fussy cut bowl and add Black mini-Dimensionals.
- Assemble as shown.
- Thread a trinket on a double strand of bakers twine (I used retired red bakers twine).
- Tie a bow and trim the ends.
- vellum – Die-cut with Celebration Labels
- balloon – use the Happy dies for balloon and bow.
- more pizzazz to the bow – use the Stitched Triangle dies.
- Customize message insert and envelope. IDEA: Use Stampin’ Trimmer to line up images as shown.
And here is an oldie but goody using the Dog Builder Punch. Layer punches to give a background the 3D effect. Customize the look for the season or occasion. To make it more festive add a sprig of greens and a red bow. Ready to party? Add a birthday hat and a balloon. Need a spooky card? Add a witch’s hat, spider, or pumpkin. Need a sympathy card? Add an angel wing from the Detailed Dove dies.
Did you enjoy these cards? Is there a stamp set that you would like to challenge me to use? Bring it on, LOL! Please leave a comment and I’ll see what I can do.
Meanwhile, feel free to order from my online shop 24/7. Don’t forget to pick up the Triple Banner Punch.
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
PROJECT SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):