Yesterday we talked about the Rule of Thirds. I would like to show you how I made those cute daisy clusters. No more lengthy coloring sessions with this quick coloring technique for die-cuts and punches. Let’s begin
Here are the 4 cards that used the daisy clusters. (I entered the first card in the Global Design Project #GDP227.)
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ plus scraps for foliage elements
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (card front)
- Highland Heather Cardstock
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock
- Soft Seafoam Cardstock
- Shimmery White Cardstock
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Emboss the card front with the 3D Parisian Flourish embossing folder.
- Flick Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape ink lightly onto the embossed background. TIP: Use the brush end of the Stampin’ Marker and flick against the lid in the direction you want the splatter.
- Punch several large and medium daisies from Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape cardstock. You may want to stamp a couple of daisies before punching.
- Using a dauber add color to the daisies from light to dark ink starting in the center. (I added a little Melon Mambo to the center of a couple.)
- Add Whisper White Craft ink to the tips of the daisy petals with a dauber. Finally, lightly press each of the daisies into the white ink for added dimension.
- Layer 2 large and 2 medium daisies and adhere with a couple of glue dots.
- Die-cut leaves from Soft Seafoam and Old Olive. Pounce with dauber and Pear Pizazz ink to add dimension. Then adhere the layers together.
- Die-cut berry branches and color berries with Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends. Use light then add a little dark to accentuate the berry at the branch.
- Die-cut some vellum leaves.
- Create the daisy centers using Shimmery White and Daffodil Delight pigment sprinkles and die-cut. TIP: Spritz cardstock, sprinkle pigment, spritz cardstock again. Let dry and repeat if desired.
- Put a glue dot on each of the leaves and tuck into and behind the daisy then apply the daisy cluster to the embossed card front using Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Snail.
- Assemble layers on the card base as it pleases you
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- I did not add sentiments to my cards. If you add a sentiment remember the Rule of Thirds and place it along one of the horizontal or vertical lines.
I hope you enjoyed quickly coloring the die-cut and punches as much as I did. It is fun to make clusters of elements to add to cards and scrapbook pages. Think of the color combinations.
Please feel free to post your creations on Murray Stamps Facebook page.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020, and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.