This card just came together in a flash using the Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper and the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper. It seems that I am reaching for the gold laser-cut paper quite a bit. That’s a hint for you to purchase it because you will not be sorry! So here is my Quick and Fabulous Seahorse Card.
Do you recognize the layout? Check out this card. When you are having a design-block, find a layout that you like. That, or color selection, is the first step I use when designing a project.
There are only 4 elements in this card. The patterned paper, the gold frame, the white embossed vellum seahorse, and the sentiment. This is truly a quick & fabulous seahorse card. The gold gives the card elegance and the seahorse gives the card whimsy. Sure to bring a smile to the receiver.
- Shimmery White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11: score at 5-1/2″
- Whale of a Time DSP: 3-3/16″ x 4-11/16
- Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper: frame
- Vellum cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 1-3/4″
- Basic Black cardstock: 1-2″ x 3-1/4″ for sentiment
CREATING & ASSEMBLING
- Adhere Gold frame to DSP around the outside edges and on some of the foliage.
- Stamp with white craft ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder: TIP: Make lots of these to have on hand for other projects!
- seahorse on Vellum
- sentiment from A Little Lace on Basic Black strip
- Fussy cut seahorse.
- Die-cut sentiment using the All Dressed Up dies for a stitched edge (or trim to fit) and add Mini Black Dimensionals.
- Layer as shown. TIP: Use a little liquid glue on the seahorse tail and tuck it behind some of the gold foliage.
- Customize the inside message panel and envelope … And you have a quickish card. This is VERY QUICK if you have some of those elements already prepared!
ORGANIZING EXTRA PIECES
Do you ever find your self having a limited time frame and needing a card quickly? I am a huge advocate of preparing some of your most used sentiments ahead of time. I keep my extra sentiments in a small clear bin on my shelf. I also keep a few in a 6″ x 8″ Cellophane Bag with the appropriate stamp set. These bags fold over and keep your pieces secure. It is like receiving a gift when you are ina hurry and open the stamp case to find just what you need already prepared.
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):