Hi friends! Who doesn’t like a wreath and a rainbow? I always smile when I see such happy colors like the Rainbow Glimmer Paper. Today I encourage you to add a rainbow to your birthday cards and make someone smile.
The Arrange a Wreath Bundle is AWESOME. Take a look. If you like wreaths, this die set will cover every season.
I had some pre-inked panels that were leftover from some stenciling projects. (I try never to waste ink. After I use the stencil for sponging on ink, I will mist it with water and flip it over. I press it onto several pre-cut card panels (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″). I keep these panels in an open box on my desk for projects such as these.)
Here are the 3 cards.
- Balmy Blue cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ plus scrap for sentiment
- Thick Whisper White cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ plus scraps for flowers
- Rainbow Glimmer Paper: 6″ x 12″
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Use one of the lightly inked panels from reverse stenciling.
- Randomly stencil dots with white embossing paste and a Decorative Mask stencil.
Wreath & Flowers
- Die-cut wreaths from Rainbow Glimmer paper using the Wreath Builder dies.
- Die-cut several flowers from Thick Whisper White and the Wreath Builder dies.
- OPTIONAL: Die-cut a spray of narrow leaves using the Christmas Layers dies.
- Die-cut flower centers using the North Pole Wonder dies or any other die or punch that will result in a small circle.
- Stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthday in Whisper White Craft ink on Black cardstock.
- Heat emboss with white embossing powder. TIP: To remove stray embossing powder, use a very fine tip artist brush and dab at the particles.
- Trim embossed sentiment as shown.
- Stamp, emboss, and die-cut dragonflies from Friend Like You stamp set and Friendly Silhouette dies on Vellum.
- Use vellum foliage die-cuts from Forever Flourishing dies.
- Add bow from coordinating Bakers Twine. HINT: Paper Pumpkin kits are a great source of extras.
- Assemble as shown.
- Use Dimensionals behind some of the flowers and the sentiment.
- Customize the envelope and message insert for an extra special touch.
- Send the card to someone having a Birthday and make them smile.
What do you do with all those bits of leftover Rainbow Glimmer paper? Create an art strip or panel, of course. I added the Playing with Pattern Resin Dots to the flower centers. I like the way the matte finish tones down all that luscious sparkle a bit. Using the ‘HAPPY’ from the Happy dies and the ‘BIRTHDAY’ from the Well Said stamp set worked great.
Creating the panel was fun. But I could not have done it without my Take Your Pick tool, tweezers, and a little liquid glue. You should have seen me on the floor looking for some of the tiny bits to fill in some spaces.
Thank you for spending your time with me. I appreciate all my readers and creators. Go add a rainbow to your birthday cards and spread some joy.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
PROJECT SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):