And yet another versatile way to use the Blossoms in Bloom Bundle and paper piecing. I created a 2 page 5 photo scrapbook layout. And I am loving the bright colors. I designed the page to use 3″ x 5″ prints. This is a great layout for gardening, celebrating a teenager, a birthday, or just a summer party. What do you think?
I showcased the paper piecing technique on some cards in this post. For this layout, I used Magenta Madness (a NEW In-Color), Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Purple Posy, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White and Basic Black. Did you know that you can get the solid color cardstock in 12″ x 12″?
STEPS TO CREATE LAYOUT
The Many Layered Blossoms, Layering Circles and the Stitched Shapes dies all worked in unison to give this scrapbook layout whimsy.
I made the (5) photo frames 3-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ in Basic Black and another thin frame 3-3/8″ x 5-3/8″ layer in Whisper White. The thin layer ties in the thin bloom outline.
I cut (2) 12″ x 5-1/2″ Basic Black cardstock strips. These will be used to cover the ‘raw’ edges of the blooms. Draw a pencil line about 3-3/4″ from the top and bottom of the page.
To make it easy, I die-cut the bloom dies. Then assembled the thin outline on top of the wider layer. After that was done, removed the layers from the Adhesive Sheet and cut them apart. Place blooms on the line. TIP: I overlapped about 1/4″ below the line to make sure the raw edges would be covered.
Adhere the Basic Black strips across the center of the pages to cover the ‘raw’ bloom layer edges.
Die-cut some circles and journaling banners. Fill in where needed. I added a few retired Glitter Enamel Dots for some sparkle and a bakers twine bow. The sentiment comes from the June 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit. (I told you cool stuff comes in those boxes. Order your Paper Pumpkin subscription today.)
MORE SCRAPBOOK LAYOUTS
Head over to my fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Lisa Padgett’s site at Crafting Hugs. She has designed scrapbook layouts using Retired DSP. Let us know if you like these little Scrapbook Hops. And if you would like to join us and showcase your layouts, we would love to hear from you.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
Click on product image to SHOP 24/7