We are fast approaching one of my favorite holidays, Christmas. And with Christmas comes many holiday traditions. Today’s Scrapbook Blog Hop is all about those holiday traditions.
I think that it is the holiday traditions that bring me happiness. Here is a list of some of our family traditions.
- Decorating 2-4 Christmas Trees, depending on the year
- Decking the house with greenery
- Making the front entry and deck festive
- Baking cookies
- Playing family games
- Listening to holiday favorite songs and singing along
- Reading Christmas stories that warm my heart
- Making little gifts for neighbors and family
- Sending Christmas cards (this is especially important now because we have not been able to be with our family and friends for most of the year)
- Wrapping gifts with pretty paper and ribbons
- Hosting gatherings of friends and family with appetizers, beverages and laughter
What are your holiday traditions? Do you scrapbook them so that you can share the memories? I like to look back and remember little things. I think it may be even more important this year. We have had to cut back on holiday gatherings. So, I will have to be more diligent in calling to chat with family and friends.
Here are a couple 2-page 8″ x 8″ scrapbook page layouts to record 2 of my favorite holiday traditions: Decorating & Baking.
- Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper
- Cardstock: Real Red, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Thick Very Vanilla, Thick Whisper White
- Ink Pads: Mossy Meadow, Real Red, Soft Suede, So Saffron, White Craft Ink
- All The Trimmings Embellishments
- Linen Thread: Real Red, Old Olive (I had these in my stash. They may have been from Paper Pumpkins)
- Alternative to Linen Thread: Color natural linen thread with Real Red and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends
- Playful Alphabet dies
- Peaceful Boughs stamp set and Beautiful Boughs dies
- Tasteful Labels dies
- Christmas Gleaming stamp set
- Nothing’s Better Than stamp set and Love You More Than dies
- Gnome for the Holidays stamp set
- Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set
- North Pole Wonder dies
- Stitched Nested Labels dies
- Timeless Label punch
- COMING IN JANUARY: Blending Brushes — AWESOME!!
COOKIE BAKING SCRAPBOOK PAGES
- I used the same tag design from this post. Just change the colors to coordinate with the Designer Series Paper.
- Stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set.
- Those cute little glasses are from the Tim Holtz Mini Bird Crazy & Things dies.
- The triple bow was attached with 2 glue dots.
- Die-cut letters using Playful Alphabet dies. Use Thick Whisper White with an Adhesive back sheet to make it super easy to place and adhere.
- Preserving a couple of your favorite cookie recipes in your scrapbooks will make them interactive. When someone says, “Who has Grandma’s Cardboard Cookie Recipe?” You will know where to look!
HOLIDAY DECORATING SCRAPBOOK PAGES
Die-cut several pine boughs from Pear Pizzazz cardstock. Add stamping in Mossy Meadow to give boughs some texture without dimension.
- Numbers are die-cut from Basic Black cardstock using Playful Alphabet dies. Don’t forget to use Adhesive sheet!
- Layer the Stitched Nested Label (Real Red) + Tasteful Labels Circle (Basic Black) + Beautiful Boughs frame (Thick Whisper White). Tuck in a small pine bough. Add a double bow with red twine or linen thread and a red enamel dot from All the Trimmings embellishments to complete the label.
- Stamp the sentiment on Basic Black cardstock using White Craft Ink. Heat emboss with white embossing powder. Then die-cut with label frame from Beautiful Boughs dies. Use a blending brush or sponge wedge to add a chalky finish to edges. TIP: Drag ink from the outer edge lightly toward the center for the chalky edge.
- Layer banner from Tasteful Labels + Circle from Tasteful Labels + chalky sentiment. Add black Dimensionals down the center of the chalky sentiment.
- Add a couple of white matte enamel dots from the All the Trimmings embellishments.
I hope you enjoyed my Holiday Traditions 8″ x 8″ Scrapbook Pages. More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. I am excited to show you what they’ve created! We will be back in December for Layering UP!. Our December theme will be layering DSP and embellishments from the In Good Taste Product Suite. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe, be well, and be creative.
SCRAPBOOK BLOG HOP LINE-UP
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK ** YOU ARE HERE
- S. Kelli McConkey at Inky Hands Warm Hearts
- Lisa Padgett at Crafting Hugs
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.