Welcome to the Scrapbook Blog Hop and our Layer it Up projects! I created a sweet birthday wish page using the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper exclusively by Stampin’ Up! I chose a Rococo Rose, Smoky Slate, and Whisper White color combination.
This is an 8″ x 8″ scrapbook page. I went for shabby chic using the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper with the Rococo Rose painted texture. And you get a sneak peek at a new embossing folder available in the January-June 2021 Mini catalog. Are you ready?
This page is designed for one 4″ x 6″ photo. I am envisioning an upcoming birthday but this could easily be a baby theme page or Valentine’s Day page.
Start with an 8″ x 8″ sheet of the gorgeous In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. There are 24 – 12″ x 12″ sheets of beautifully textured images (2 of each of the 12 designs). The coordinating colors for this paper are Basic Gray, Early Espresso, Gray Granite, Night of Navy, Petal Pink, Rococo Rose, Smoky Slate, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White. If you do not already have this in your paper library, get it now.
Let’s talk design elements. I worked with a diagonal layout from the upper left to the lower right. This draws the eye into my main photo. Adding the heart stamping from the upper right to lower left filled some of the ‘white space’ without overpowering the page. Remember, I did say shabby chic.
PREPARE THE ELEMENTS
- Forever Flourishing dies
- Vellum: die-cut 2 large foliage branches s
- Galvanized Foil (retired): die-cut the curved swag
- Boho Indigo dies
- Galvanized Foil (retired): die-cut 3-4 small leaf branches
- Heart Punch Pack
- Rococo Rose: punch scalloped heart
- Smoky Slate: punch smaller layering heart
- Itty Bitty Accents (retired)
- Rococo Rose: punch small heart
- Triple Banner Punch
- Smoky Slate: cut a 4″ x 2″ piece and ‘fish-tail’ the end using the Banner punch.
- Sponge the edges of the punched pieces with Basic Gray. TIP: I hold the pieces in between my fingers and ink the edge by rubbing the inked sponge along the edge and ‘flicking’ it toward the front surface. This keeps the integrity of the cardstock color and prevents me from over-inking.
- TIP: Do not layer the hearts until you emboss the Smoky Slate heart.
- Add a Mini Dimensional behind the small heart.
- A Wish For Everything (Doesn’t that sentiment fit perfectly for a sweet birthday wish?)
- Stamp the sentiment 2 or 3 times using Basic Gray ink on the gray speckled piece of the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper.
- Cut the text lines and ‘remove’ the NEW. There will be a white edge. Remove the white edge by inking as described above.
- Layer the text lines on Basic Gray cardstock and trim leaving a thin border.
- Itty Bitty Birthday
- Stamp ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY’ with Basic Gray ink on Rococo Rose cardstock.
- Trim the sentiment and ink the edge.
- Add Mini Dimensionals to the back of the text layers.
- Painted Texture 3D embossing folder (SNEAK PEEK – Available on January 4, 2021)
- Emboss the Smoky Slate banner and heart.
- Ink the edges and drag a little ink over the surface to add some dimensional shading.
- Using a Water Painter and Rococo Rose re-inker, paint some white Crinkle Seam Binding.
- Tie double bows. I did one in white and one in Rococo Rose. You can use about 18-20″ of binding and trim the ends.
- Photo frame for a 4″ x 6″ photo
- Cut a 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ layering frame from Rococo Rose cardstock
- Cut a 6-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ layering frame from Whisper White cardstock
- Wrap Silver Thread (retired) around 2 and 3 fingers. Secure the base of the loops with 2 glue dots.
- Layer all your pieces and parts as shown.
- Go get that perfect picture and complete the page.
I hope you enjoyed my ‘Sweet Birthday Wish’ scrapbook page using the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. Head over to see what my fellow hoppers have done with the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. Here is the Scrapbook Page Blog Hop list. If you get lost, come back and start again. Our theme for January 2021 is Celebration.
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK (YOU ARE HERE)
- S. Kelli McConkey at Inky Hands Warm Hearts
- Lisa Padgett at Crafting Hugs
Calling all Scrapbookers: If you have a blog and would like to hop with us, we welcome you. You can contact anyone of us to get on the hop list.