Welcome to the first Scrapbook Blog Hop sponsored by Lisa Padgett from Crafting Hugs and Ann Murray from Murray Stamps, Ink. We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great scrapbook pages to record your memories and showcase our favorite Stampin’ Up! products. This month’s theme is anything MOM which I took and created a Scrapbook page with Mom & Family.
What is Mom without Family? This photo of my family was taken in 1967 just after my Dad returned from Vietnam. Was life simpler in the past? I am not so sure. What I am sure of is that in my FAMILY we will always be there for each other. So I am embarking on a mission to make an 8″ x 8″ scrapbook of our family pictures each year. It will be fun to watch the family grow.
Don’t you just love the sentiment? “FAMILY – Where life begins and love never ends.” It is the stamp set that was included in the April 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit. If you don’t subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, you really should rethink your sanity. Every month the kit includes an exclusive stamp set and embellishments to use on the intended project or on one of your own making. I find that the ‘extra’ embellishments and ribbons are perfect additions to my cards and scrapbook pages.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Pool Party Cardstock: 8″ x 8″
- Sahara Sand Cardstock: for picture frame and banner
- Petal Pink Cardstock: for sentiments
- Parisian Blossoms Designer Series Paper: wreath vine die-cut
Several of the products used in this blog are on the LAST-CHANCE LIST. They are available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST and will be retiring on June 2, 2020
CREATE THE PAGE (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- In order to stamp the sentiment evenly across the page, I drew light pencil lines about 1/2″ apart. Then mount the stamp on an acrylic block and stamp the sentiment in Gray Granite. Erase the pencil marks.
- Stamp the sentiment on Petal Pink Cardstock with Gray Granite ink and trim.
- Draw a circle to create the focal area (see photo). I used a marker but a pencil would be just as effective.
- Die-cut vines from Parisian Blossoms DSP using the Botanical Tags dies and glue around the circle.
- Die-cut a photo frame using Stitched So Sweetly dies and a banner from the Frosted Bouquet dies from the Sahara Sand Cardstock.
- Add Dimensionals and adhere elements to the page.
- Add a Bakers twine bow and some Champagne Rhinestones.
More inspiration awaits! This is the first Scrapbook Blog Hop for Lisa Padgett from Crafting Hugs and I. Please consider checking out our Scrapbooking Blog Hop Facebook Page and participating in our future hops. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for the first Tuesday of every month to see more inspiring scrapbook pages. Don’t miss the fun!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you. What did you like and what would you like to see more of?
- Please use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts of up to 60%!
- Read my Reasons to Join and why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Visit my project gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin.
- Don’t miss a blog post. Subscribe to my BLOG NOW!