Welcome to the Scrapbooking Blog Hop. Our theme this month is School Days. Do you remember all the excitement that surrounds the first day back to school? New pencils, crayons, notebooks, and a chance to see your school friends.
Taking photos of the kids going off to school on the first day of every year is a ritual. It is so fun to look back on the photos and remember that first-day excitement.
This year is extremely different for anyone attending school. Some are heading back to their school building and others have a virtual experience setup. We are resilient. The kids are resilient. It’s new. It’s different. What an adventure. I created these pages to chronicle the first day and I left blocks for journalling.
Here are 2 of the pages that I created with 4″ x 6″ and 4″ x 4″ photos.
I used our wonderful Stampin’ Up! products to create these Back to School scrapbook pages. Here are some instructions on how to make the elements on these pages.
- Old Olive cardstock: Cut (2) 8″ x 8″ pages.
- Stamp ‘tap tap tap’ as shown using the retired Tap Tap Tap stamp set.
- Crumbcake cardstock: Cut (2) 2″ x 4″ strips
- Very Vanilla cardstock: Cut (2) 1-7/8′ x 3-1/8″ panels. Stamp lines on clipboard ‘paper’ using Ornamental Envelopes stamp set.
- Use clear block ‘D’
- Stamp first set of lines using Pacific Point ink
- Stamp second set of lines using Real Red (2nd generation: stamp off once then stamp lines on ‘paper’)
- Die-cut the clipboard ‘clip’ from the All Dressed Up dies – perfume bottle and Basic Gray cardstock. Trim off the bottle and fold over. Use glue dots to secure to ‘paper’.
- Grab Designer Series Paper that reminds you of a school globe. I used retired Going Places Designer Series Paper. Other suggested patterned papers: Whale of a Time DSP or World of Goods Specialty DSP or World of Good Memories & More Card Pack.
- Stamp the globe and die-cut using the Beautiful World stamp and die bundle.
- Die-cut globe stand from Brushed Metallic cardstock or retired Galvanized Metal cardstock.
- Add Black Dimensionals to the back of the globe and stand.
- Cut 3″ x 2-1/2″ panel basic black.
- Wipe White Craft ink lightly across black panel with a sponge wedge.
- Stamp ‘Covid-19’ using the Make A Difference stamp set and white craft ink on Basic Black 5/8″ x 2-1/4″ cardstock strip.
- Heat emboss letters with white embossing powder.
- Snip banner tails on either end of the strip.
- Add Black Dimensionals behind ‘Covid-19’ sentiment strip.
- Die-cut gears from Real Red cardstock using Garage Gears dies.
- Die-cut or punch circles to fill gear centers from Crushed Curry cardstock.
- Add Black Dimensionals behind 3 smaller ‘Covid’ germs.
- Die-cut title letters from Blackberry Bliss cardstock using Playful Alphabet dies.
- Stamp ‘TODAY’S PLAN’ from Nothing’s Better Than stamps set using White craft ink
- Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Trim with Paper Snips.
- Die-cut Real Red cardstock banner using Tasteful Labels dies. TIP: I am using this to journal city.
- Punch 1/2″ circle from Real Red cardstock. TIP: I am using this to journal state abbreviation.
- For 4″ x 6″ photo
- Whisper White cardstock: 4-3/16″ x 6-3/16″
- Blackberry Bliss cardstock: 4-6/16″ x 6-6/16″
- For 4″ x 4″ photo
- Whisper White cardstock: 4-3/16″ x 4-3/16″
- Blackberry Bliss cardstock: 4-6/16″ x 4-6/16″
Assemble pages as shown using Tombow Multipurpose Liquid glue and Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoyed my School Days scrapbook pages and will hop over to see what Lisa Padgett at Crafting Hugs has for you.
We would love for you to create a scrapbook page using Stampin’ Up! products and hop with us next month. Our theme for October is ‘My Favorite Season’. There are so many possibilities here. Think about Autumn, Winter, Holidays, etc.
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.