Hello friend! Are you ready for some stenciling? I wanted to create some cards that showcase a sentiment. And a Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper frame was on my desk. An idea was born. Stencil a background and see what happens. The ideas that started flying around in my head were hard to harness but I did come up with a few simple cards.
First let me show you the stenciling process.
I stenciled the center of several card fronts and envelope flaps. I used a blending tool (listed in the supplies at the end of this post). You could use a sponge wedge or dauber. The key is to hold (or tape) the stencil down on the paper so that it does not shift. And look at that beautifully colored frame stencil. That will definitely show up on a future project.
Here are 2 of my cards.
This simple card uses the background created with stenciling, 3 small blossoms (leftovers from a prior project) colored with Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends, and a heat embossed sentiment. A simple card to showcase the sentiment “Time for a new adventure!”.
This is my favorite! The sentiment is from the A Grand Kid stamp set. It is heat embossed over the stenciled area. I have found that the best way to get a nice clear black heat embossed image is to stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Layer the card front onto Misty Moonlight and add Magenta Madness ribbon. TIP: I taped the ribbon to the back then added a beautiful bow with glue dots. Add glue dots to the bow tails to have them perfectly placed all the time! Place a couple Playing with Patterns dots as shown. Emboss the card base with the Scripty 3D embossing folder before layering and you are good to go.
I love texture. The Scripty 3D embossing folder is one of my favorites. It makes a card go from Nice to WOW! Try embossing your card base before layering and see if you don’t feel the same way!
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):
MY FAVORITE NON-STAMPIN’ UP! TOOL
I receive a referral stipend from Amazon.com when your purchase using my links. I use these funds to help maintain my blog.