Hello and Welcome! Today’s card project is one of my favorites. This simple embossed butterfly takes center stage on the Balmy Blue watercolor and Shimmery White cardstock. I LOVE to heat emboss and Stampin’ Up! images are so easy to coordinate. I know you will want to make a few of these cards to mail out this spring and summer.
Artisan Textures stamp set is one of my absolute must stamp sets if you like background texture. The retired Gorgeous Grunge stamp set never left my desktop and Artisan Textures has replaced it. I used it for everything (almost). Artisan Textures makes this simple embossed butterfly feel like it moves across the panel.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Shimmery White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ and 3″ x 4-1/4″
- Vellum Cardstock: scraps for butterfly
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: scraps for sentiment
CREATING THE PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp butterfly with White Craft ink and heat emboss with White embossing powder. Then punch butterfly using the Butterfly Duet punch. TIP: Make several and keep with the stamp set for a quick embellishment on future projects.
- Use diluted Balmy Blue reinker and Aqua Painter to create a light watercolor wash on 3″ x 1-1/4″ panel. TIP: Pre-wet area to be watercolored the paint the diluted reinker. Test on a scrap (or another panel) until you get desired the effect. If you make several panels, then you will have several potential backgrounds for future projects.
- Stamp sentiment with Versamark Clear embossing ink or silver metallic ink and heat emboss with silver embossing powder.
- Position center panel over the card base and stamp splatter dots with some dots extending beyond the panel. Use Versamark (or silver metallic) ink and heat emboss with silver embossing powder.
- Wrap some silver metallic thread around the panel as shown. TIP: I use transparent tape on the back of the panel to secure the metallic thread.
- Add Mini-Dimensionals to the back of the sentiment and centerline of the butterfly.
- Put Dimensionals on the back of the panel.
- Layer as shown or until you are pleased.
- Grab a Whisper White Medium envelope and add some decorative stamping or emboss some silver splatter.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ cardstock panel, stamp a sentiment and adhere to the inside of the card.
Thank you so much for stopping in to share the projects that I have enjoyed creating.
I hope that, in some way, I have inspired you to create and send/give handmade cards.
If you would like to purchase any of the products used in today’s post please order.
Select me as your demonstrator and use the current monthly Host Code. Thank you 🙂
All orders in March will receive a handmade card from me and a small gift.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.