I love shiny stuff. The Forever Foil Laser-cut Specialty Paper is the inspiration for today’s simple encouraging note card.
I selected a subtle color palette for this card.
To make the Old World Paper embossing look tattered, I embossed the cardstock then wadded it up. Then I straightened out the cardstock and ran my scissors over the edge to rough it up. Tears are ok but blood is not, so be careful with sharp scissors!
You have probably heard the news about the NEW Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. There are 2 sizes. The standard (similar to our retired Big Shot) and the mini. The Standard Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will be available to order on September 1. We will have to wait a little longer for the mini. Remember: Patience is a virtue.
Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing this awesome machine to use in your paper crafting. I can show you how you can make the most of your crafting dollars.
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Thick Very Vanilla cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ for card panel
- 3/4″ x 2-1/4″ for sentiment
- Ornate Garden Specialty DSP: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Forever Foil Laser-Cut Specialty Paper: leaf frame
- Emboss the Very Vanilla card panel with the Old Word Paper 3D embossing folder.
- Wad up the embossed cardstock and give it a squeeze.
- Flatten out the embossed and wadded card panel.
- Using the flat cutting edge of the scissors, scrape toward your body along the edge of the card panel with the front/top of the panel up. TIP: The paper might tear do not worry.
- Trim the edges of the Forever Foil frame off the leaf cluster. TIP: Cut the frame off using the Trimmer and save for embellishing another project. After the frame is cut off, use the Snips to trim off any half leaves.
- Stamp sentiment from Free As A BIrd stamp set with Versamark on Very Vanilla strip.
- Heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the sentiment.
- Layer as shown.
- Use light dabs of Tombow Liquid glue behind the leaves.
- Position the sentiment over your least favorite area. Those leaves on the right were hanging in mid-air before I placed the sentiment.
- Customize the inside message panel. HINT: I used a 1/4 strip of DSP.
- Add some stamping in Mint Macaron ink and gold embossed leave cluster from the Forever Fern stamp set on the Very Vanilla envelope.
You have now created a simple encouraging note to send to someone lucky recipient. I just want to let you all know that, “The world does need more of you”. So, go out and share your talents.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
Click on product image to SHOP 24/7