Hello. Thank you stopping by today. I have a simple sympathy card for you today. The Beautifully Braided stamp set evokes a calm and serene life. I chose to use that set for this card.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Basic Black Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Garden Lane Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ plus strip for punched braid
- Fluid 100 Watecolor Paper: 3-3/4″ x 5″ for stitched rectangle and sentiment
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for inside message panel
PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp the large Maidenhair Ginkgo stem with Tuxedo Memento Black and heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder on Thick Whisper White.
- Using Granny Apply Green reinker and AquaPainter, add color to the ginkgo. TIP: Paint water over area you want to add color too. Add color, let dry and add more color.
- Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment.
- Die-cut ginkgo panel using the Stitched Rectangle dies.
- Die-cut the sentiment using the Stitched Shapes dies.
- Punch braid from Basic Black then square it up and die-cut with same Stitched Rectangle dies used on ginkgo panel. TIP: Carefully line up the braid with the markings but if it’s off, no worries, just put the sentiment strategically over the braid.
- Layer as shown.
- Add Dimensionals behind the sentiment.
- Add some epoxy dots or sequins as shown.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some coordinating DSP to the envelope flap. Make sure you can run your hand across it without ‘flipping up’ any paper.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel, add a stamped image (even emboss it), and adhere to the inside of the card.
As always, you can change up the sentiment. This would make a great birthday card or friendship card.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you. What did you like and what would you like to see more of?
- Please use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Shop the LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS before they are GONE!
- Stampin’ Blends will be sold as Combo packs only in 20-21 catalog
- Snail adhesive is being replaced by an easier to use ‘dot-type’ adhesive in two strengths
- Aqua Painters will be sold in a 3 pack – to include a broad brush
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts of up to 60%!
- Read my Reasons to Join and why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Visit my project gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin.
- Don’t miss a blog post. Subscribe to my BLOG NOW!
- GET YOUR 2020-2021 ANNUAL CATALOG PAPER, RIBBON AND/OR DSP SWATCH BOOK
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)