Sometimes you just need simple. Life can be complex. So let’s just breathe and create a simple thank you card that looks elegant. Thanks for stopping in today. Life can sure get busy and I am honored that you are stopping in to see what I have created today. Today’s project is a simple thank you card using the Very Versailles and Painted Poppies stamp sets and Nature’s Thoughts feather die. Here is the card and a slight variation.
The first card uses Bermuda Bay stamped sentiment and the second card uses a Soft Suede stamped sentiment. I love them both. I think that maybe a 3rd stamped ‘thank you’ tucked over the left corner of the background would look nice too.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Shimmery White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ and 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Vellum Cardstock: scraps for feathers
CREATING THE PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Die-cut several feathers from Nature’s Thoughts.
- Using your choice of Stampin’ Blends, scribble color on the reverse side of the feather. I used Bermuda Bay (light/dark), Old Olive (light/dark), Crumb Cake (light/dark), and spot or two of Pumpkin Pie (light).
- Tie some linen thread around a bundle of feathers.
- Using the Stamparatus, stamp the script from Very Versailles stamp set onto the center of the 3-1/” x 4-1/2″ panel with Soft Suede ink.
- Stamp a ‘splotch’ image using 2nd Generation stamping and Soft Suede ink as shown. I used the ‘splotch’ from Painted Poppies.
- Line up the sentiment on the Stamparatus and stamp as shown. The sentiment comes from the New Wonders stamp set.
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHT: The New Wonders stamp set is a Host Special. The set contains 11 images, 4 DistINKtive stamps with lots of depth and 7 sentiments in beautiful cursive. It is available for $13.50 under the Stampin’ Rewards section of your order. To qualify for Stampin’ Rewards, your order must be at least $150 in products.
- Adhere feather bundle to the panel with glue dots behind thread and at top of feather.
- Add some epoxy dots around the feathers.
- Put Dimensionals on the back of the panel.
- Layer as shown or until you are pleased.
- Grab a Whisper White Medium envelope and add some decorative stamping or emboss some silver splatter.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ cardstock panel, stamp a sentiment and adhere to the inside of the card.
Thank you so much for stopping in to share the projects that I have enjoyed creating.
I hope that, in some way, I have inspired you to create and send/give handmade cards.
If you would like to purchase any of the products used in today’s post please order.
Select me as your demonstrator and use the current monthly Host Code. Thank you 🙂
All orders in March will receive a handmade card from me and a small gift.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)