Welcome to InKing Royalty’s October Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around SPOOKY. With Halloween just around the corner, we are excited to share our spooky, fun projects with our neighbors, coworkers and family – and we’re very excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My ‘Spooky’ project for today features the Wonderfully Wicked Bundle. So let’s get started creating a wineglass lampshade for a ‘Spooky’ glow in your home decor.
GATHER UP THIS STUFF (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Wonderfully Wicked Bundle (stamp set and dies)
- Vellum: 8-1/2″ x 11″
- Silver Metallic Thread and Glue Dots
- Basic Black Cardstock scrap
- Versamark Pad, Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Embossing Buddy and Heat Tool
- Wine glass and battery operated votive or tealight
- Craft Blade (I use PenBlade Retractable #11)
- Pencil and Paper Snips
- Wineglass Lampshade Template
- Trace the Wineglass Lampshade Template on Vellum. Be sure to include the tabs.
- Stamp the web on the Vellum that has been rubbed with an Embossing Buddy. Cover stamped images with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder, flick to remove excess and set with a Heat Tool.
- Repeat until you have a design that is pleasing to you!
- Cut out the lampshade, erase pencil lines and use a craft blade to cut the tab slits so that the tabs slip into the slit and ‘lock’.
- While the lampshade is flat, wrap Silver Metallic Thread around from top to bottom using a glue dot to secure on the backside of a ‘web’.
- Die-cut 13 (this is the magically spooky number) spiders from Basic Black cardstock and adhere to the front of the lampshade with glue dots.
- Form lampshade and put on a candlelit wineglass.
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Kelly Kent at My Papercraft Journey
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
BONUS ATC (Artist Trading Card)
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
Do Something Creative Every Day,