Can you believe it? I was watching the leaves fall from the trees in the wind today and had an epiphany. Surely gnomes like to throw leaves in the air and jump in a leaf pile? The Stampin’ Up! Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper is perfect for my Autumn Gnome. Inspiration comes from everywhere.
Let’s look at the fabulous Designer Series Paper that made this card so much fun.
I am drawn to the Beautiful Autumn bundle. The sentiments express the joy in my heart during this season. Don’t you think the script and Time New Roman font are great paired together?
And here is the card … it’s the Stampin’ Up! Autumn Gnome!
I punched all the leaves and acorns from a sheet of the Designer Series Paper while watching a show on Netflix. Easy peasy and now I have a bunch to use on projects.
- Thick Very Vanilla cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ for the card base
- 3/8″ x 3-1/4″ for the sentiment (but in reality, I stamp on scrap and trim to size)
- 2″ x 3″ for the gnome
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ for the message insert
- Early Espresso cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the card front frame
- Gilded Autumn DSP:
- Stripes: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Speckles: 3″ x 4″
- Pumpkin/Squash: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the message insert frame
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Die-cut label from Celebration Label dies.
- Wrap Linen Thread around middle of label twice and tie a bow.
- Adhere to striped DSP panel.
- Ink the gnome stamp with Early Espresso Stampin’ Marker. Do not ink the snowflakes on the hat.
- Stamp gnome onto Thick Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Color with Stampin’ Blends (light and dark): Cajun Craze and Crumb Cake.
- Fussy cut gnome.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the gnome. TIP: Put Dinensionals down the center to leave room to tuck leaves.
- Adhere to panel
Leaves & Squash
- Punch leaves from Gilded Autumn DSP using Autumn Punch Pack,
- Sponge ink onto leaves. Use Mint Macaron and Cajun Craze.
- Add leaves to the panel as shown.
- Ad mini-Dimensional behind some of the leaves.
- Die-cut a couple of small squash from Gilded Autumn DSP.
- Use Liquid Multipurpose Glue and tuck into the leaf pile.
- Stamp sentiment from Beautiful Autumn stamp set.
- Trim sentiment strip to size.
- Add mini-Dimensional to either end and a glue dot in the middle to adhere over leaf pile as shown.
- Add 3 Metallic Pearls. TIP: Arrange pearls in a triangle pattern.
- Frame the message insert with DSP.
- Add a cluster of leaves to message insert and envelope to customize.
I just keep cracking myself up. These little gnomes are like children. Did you like the Autumn Gnome card?
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
PROJECT SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):
Order your Designer Series Paper today and take advantage of the 15% off on selected papers. Download this flyer and order it on my 24/7 shop.