Who said you needed to use a solid cardstock to create the plaid? Designer Series Papers are all so wonderful. It is time to stop admiring it and start using it. Today’s card pairs the Sailing Home bundle with the Best Plaid builder dies. I layered this card up so it will require extra postage but I am okay with that.
Now, before get involved with this card I want to tell you about the NEW Stampin’ Up! Cut & Emboss Machine. It is here and you can order it now. I have been using it this week. It is a dream. Do you need to replace your older Stampin’ Up! Big Shot? NO! But if it is older and not performing well then YES! CONTACT ME TO GET YOUR CUT & EMBOSS MACHINE. I will include some helpful videos after the card instructions.
Here is my very nautical card
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for plaid lines
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for die-cuts
- Whisper White cardstock: 4″ x 4″
- Misty Moonlight cardstock:
- 4″ x 4″ for plaid lines
- 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ for die-cut ships wheel
- World of Good Specialty DSP: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for plaid blocks
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Die-cut plaid blocks from DSP.
- Die-cut 2 sets of plaid lines one from Misty Moonlight and one from Whisper White.
- Layer plaid pieces as shown. TIP: I layered this one from the top down so that I could get the lines where I wanted them. Use a light application of Tombow Liquid Multipurpose glue to adhere the layers.
- Stamp lighthouse and anchor images in Misty Moonlight ink on Thick Whisper White and die-cut.
- Add Dimensionals behind lighthouse and anchor.
- Die-cut ships wheel from Misty Moonlight.
- Die-cut 3″ circle using Layering Circle dies from Thick Whisper White and add Dimensionals.
- Stamp gulls as shown.
- Stamp sentiment. You can stamp it directly on the card base. I added my sentiment after I layered my card.
- My sentiment comes from the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set.
- Assemble as shown.
- Add a bow or knot. I used a retired Thick Baker’s twine here. Braided Linen Trim or a double Linen Thread bow would also work nicely.
- Customize the message insert panel and the envelope.
The twine that I used is on the CLEARANCE RACK – Supplies are limited. Add it to your order TODAY!
That wraps up Plaid Week. There will probably be more plaid in the near future. This is such a wonderful die set and I have barely scratched the surface of its versatility. Add it to your cart today!
Now for those promised videos on the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Each video is under 2 minutes.
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.