I am working on a scrapbook of all the cars we have owned. And that put me in the mood to make this Geared Up Garage Card. So start your engines and let’s get creating.
- Smoky Slate cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for card panel
- scraps for stamping and die-cutting
- Classic Garage DSP (retired) or stamp car on Thick Whisper White
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Die-cut large gear bundle from DSP white cardboard backing. You will use this as a mask. The thicker cardboard works great.
- Place gear mask in center of card panel and blend Basic Gray with a sponge wedge around the gears. TIP: Hold the mask firmly and realign if necessary. Use light sponging to prevent lines.
- Die-cut panel with Stitched Rectangle die.
- Glue black fun foam (from a craft store) on the back of the DSP (black cars).
- Fussy cut or die-cut the car with black foam backing.
- DIe-cut gears from Thick Whisper White.
- Lightly sponge with Basic Gray. TIP: Use the sponge from the background step and do not re-ink to prevent over-inking.
- Stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- gas can and toolbox and die-cut
- sentiment and fussy cut.
- Layer all the elements as shown.
- Add wrench from the retired Classic Garage Metal Elements.
- Customize the message insert and the envelope with stamped images and/or patterned paper.
As I finish the car scrapbook pages, I will post them. We are digging through photos to find a couple of each car. Wish us luck!
Did you enjoyed this post? Please …
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- Please use this month’s HOST CODE on orders under $150. Orders of $75 or more will receive a FREE gift from me!
- Would you like to HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- Shop the CLEARANCE RACK with discounts up to 60%.
- Read my REASONS TO JOIN and why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER! There is a BONUS for JOINING in June 2020: Select one FREE STAMP/DIE BUNDLE. WOW!!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Learn more about PAPER PUMPKIN.
- Don’t miss a blog post. SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog. I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
SUPPLIES (Click on any product image to SHOP 24/7):
BASIC TOOLS TO BE SUCCESSFUL