Thanks for stopping in. Today I am excited to show you my Stencil and Emboss Background Thank You card.
But first, have you seen the Bird Ballad Laser cut cards? The Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Cards & Tin includes lacy laser-cut cards ready for your finishing touches in a lovely storage tin. The box includes:
- 12 laser-cut Very Vanilla card bases and 12 Very Vanilla envelopes.
- Folded card: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Envelope: 5-3/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Printed Petal Pink and gold tin: 7-1/8″ x 5-9/16″ x 1-5/8″
I am going to spend all week showing you different ideas to create using the Bird Ballad Laser-cut cards and some of my favorite stamp sets.
So let’s get started …
THE LAYOUT OR SKETCH
There is quite a bit going on in the background so I selected a square frame to anchor my focal images. I put the frame a little above the center line and created a diagonal with the twine and floral.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Bird Ballad Laser-cut notecard (DO NOT CUT APART)
- Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ plus scrap for mounting sentiment
- Shimmery White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: scrap for die-cut floral sprig
- Calypso Coral Cardstock: 3″ x 3″ to die-cut scalloped frame
- Soft Suede Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ plus scrap to die-cut sentiment
CREATING THE BACKGROUND (STENCIL – EMBOSS)
- Using the front of the laser-cut notecard to create the stencil, place it over the Shimmery White cardstock and hold securely in place while sponging on Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana ink. TIP: Bring the color onto the stencil in a triangle pattern.
- Cut the stenciled panel to 3-3/4″ x 5″.
- Sponge burnish the edges with Crumb Cake.
- Add random bricks with Decorative Mask and Shimmery White Embossing Paste and let dry.
- Die-cut a square (2-3/8″) from the background, as shown.
- Adhere the background to the Soft Suede cardstock frame. DO NOT adhere square.
CREATING THE PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Die-cut a scalloped square frame and layer with square die-cut from background.
- Stamp floral spray with Soft Suede on Crumb Cake cardstock and die-cut.
- Die-cut ‘thanks’ sentiment from Well-Written dies and adhere to Thick Very Vanilla.
- Fussy cut sentiment.
- Burnish the edges of all your pieces with coordinating inks. Tip: When burnishing or aging, bring color in from off your piece and drag toward your piece.
- Add Dimensionals behind the floral sprig.
- Layer frame, floral sprig and sentiment then wrap baker’s twine around and tie a bow.
- Grab a coordinating envelope from the tin and add some decorative stamping. stenciling or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel, stamp a sentiment and adhere to the inside of the card.
Some may ask why I bothered with the Shimmery White bricks. I like texture. Designing cards is a lot like home decorating. We combine both curved (curvilinear) and angular (rectilinear) pieces in our rooms for visual appeal. Circular shapes evoke a feeling of harmony because curves are pleasant. But my eye needs to rest on something straight or angular. It is a matter of preference for me. When I add the embossing, I get the texture of the embossing paste and the shimmer. But because it is transparent, my eye keeps following the curves in the stencil pattern. I actually read a recent article on the science of using curvy and straight lines in the workplace. Apparently, too many straight lines make employees feel trapped. Who knew?
Save that inked stencil for tomorrow’s card. See ya soon.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.