Hello, so glad to have you here today. If this is your first time, Welcome! I decided to do a little cleaning under my desk mat and I found a stamped and colored ladybug from the Sale-a-bration Little Ladybug stamp set. So, I said to myself, “Let us not waste this small and fragile creature”. (Go back and say that with a Shakespearean acting voice and hand gestures. It is so much more fun that way.) And that is how we get the card today which combines the Bird Ballad laser-cut cards with a ladybug resulting in this sweet ladybug card for a friend.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Bird Ballad Laser-cut notecard
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: scraps for ladybug
- Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Coastal Cabana Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Soft Suede Cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: scrap for sentiment
CREATING THE PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Cut a panel 3″ x 4-1/2″ from the front of the laser-cut notecard.
- Stamp the floral sprig from Positive Thoughts stamp set on the back of notecard with Crumb Cake and die-cut.
- Randomly stamp the floral sprig over the laser-cut panel with Crumb Cake.
- Stamp sentiment from Above the Clouds and die-cut banner from Smooth Sailing dies.
- Emboss Soft Suede panel with the 3D Scripty embossing folder. HINT: Watch the direction of the script when layering. I made that mistake before LOL.
The layering ‘sandwich’ for a 3D embossing folder in a Big Shot is:
- Multipurpose Platform (NOT MAGNETIC),
- 3D embossing folder with cardstock) and
- 3D Embossing Folder Plate (it’s bluish)
- Add Dimensionals behind floral sprig, ladybug and sentiment banner.
- Layer as shown. TIP: Use a sponge wedge to lightly dab liquid glue to the back of the laser-cut panel.
- Wrap and tie a bow around panel layers before adhering to the card base.
- Add some Champagne Rhinestones around ladybug for sparkle.
- Grab a coordinating envelope from the Bird Ballad tin and add some decorative stamping.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ cardstock panel, stamp a sentiment and adhere to the inside of the card.
Using the Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Notecards and Tin was fun. Come back next week for more cards featuring the Bird Ballad Laser-Cut notecards.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.