There are days when you just giggle at a thought. Today was one of those days. I was thinking about the Great Pumpkin Gnome. Do you remember It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown? It’s the Halloween special that has Linus in the pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin to rise up with his bag of toys for all the children who are in the most sincere pumpkin patch. Why not? Here is a quick 3-minute clip (compliments of Warner Brothers and YouTube) in case you need a refresher.
My card today is a note to the Great Pumpkin.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- scrap to stamp gnome (of course, you should have a stack of these gnomes ready to go at all times.)
- Whisper White cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ for message insert
- Pumpkin Pie cardstock: scrap for stamping pumpkin
- Old Olive cardstock:
- 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16
- scraps for vines
- Blackberry Bliss cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper (DSP): scraps
- Ink Brick & Mortar embossing folder with Early Espresso ink as shown. TIP: Lightly press ink pad on embossing folder side with Stampin’ Up! logo.
- Emboss Blackberry Bliss cardstock using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Use sponge dauber to drag Early Espresso ink across the embossed cardstock.
- Randomly stamp background (from center to top) with dot splatter stamp from the Painted Poppies stamp set. TIP: Make sure ink from distressing is completely dry before stamping splatter for embossing.
- Heat emboss some with silver embossing powder and some with white embossing powder. TIP: Don’t fret on this one. Just sprinkle some embossing powder of each color in a couple different areas and tamp off into the garbage.
- Stamp gnome from Gnome for the Holidays stamp set (of course) using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Stamp a 2nd gnome on a scrap of DSP from the Magic in This Night DSP collection.
- Fussy cut the hat and attach to the gnome.
- Color jingle bell with light Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend.
- Add Jack-o-Lantern face with black fine tip journal pen.
- Fussy cut gnome so that beard will drape over the pumpkin.
- Die-cut 3 vines from Butterfly Beauty dies.
- Stamp a pumpkin leaf from Harvest Hellos stamp set using Mossy Meadow ink.
- Fussy cut pumpkin leaf.
- Stamp pumpkin from Harvest Hellos stamp set on Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
- Use Stampin’ Blends to add depth of color, if desired.
- Punch out pumpkin with Apple Builder punch.
- Stamp sentiment from Harvest Hellos stamp set with white craft ink.
- Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Die-cut sentiment using Tasteful Labels dies.
- Assemble as shown.
- Add loops of Linen Thread behind the pumpkin. TIP: Color thread with Old Olive Stampin’ Blend
- Customize the message insert with a leaf and vine curl.
- Add coordinating DSP to the envelope flap for a quick customized look.
NOTE: Do you notice the kink in the linen thread? Use a flat iron to remove kinks in the ribbon, bakers twine, or linen thread (not metallics). A friend gave me an old one that did not heat up completely and it is perfect for removing the kinks in the ribbon. I got ahead of myself and forgot to do that step this time.
Are you chuckling? Isn’t this gnome thing fun? Thank you for enduring my obsession with these gnomes. I appreciate your visits. I sincerely hope you are having as good a time as I am.
If you do not have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would LOVE to be your Creative Coach to collaborate, to teach, to share and to laugh together. My team and will welcome you with open arms.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
PROJECT SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):