It’s Plaid Week! I am back with a True Friendship card using Stampin’ Up! To A Wild Rose stamps and dies. Rearranging the Petal Pink, Smoky Slate and Whisper White for a different plaid effect today. Did you see the other 2 versions? If you missed them you can check them out at
Here is today’s card
I stamped the script from the Very Versailles stamp set on the plaid. The two wild roses are layered with Forever Flourishing foliage die-cut from vellum and some of those absolutely gorgeous Elegant Faceted Gems.
Here are the instructions
- Thick Whisper White:
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- scraps for leaves
- Basic Gray cardstock: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ for frame layer
- Petal Pink cardstock:
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ for base layer
- 3″ x 8-1/2″ for 3 die-cut roses
- Smoky Slate cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for plaid blocks
- 2″ x 3″ for sentiment
- Whisper White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for plaid lines
- Vellum: for die-cut foliage
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Layer plaid as shown: Petal Pink base, then Smoky Slate blocks, then Whisper White lines.
- Trim to fit the Petal Pink 3-1/2″ x 5″ card panel.
- Layer plaid panel on the Basic Gray card panel base layer.
- Stamp script from Very Versailles stamp set randomly over plaid with Basic Gray ink.
- Stamp roses 3 times on Petal Pink in Petal Pink ink. Use the outline and smaller detail stamps.
- Then stamp the rose centers with Basic Gray ink.
- Die-cut roses.
- Add Dimensionals behind one of the roses.
- Stamp leaves 2 times using Basic Gray ink on Thick Whisper White
- Die-cut leaves.
- Use the vellum to die-cut your favorite foliage from the Forever Flourishing dies.
- Stamp sentiment in Whisper White Craft ink on Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Fussy cut.
- Layer as shown.
- Add some Elegant Faceted gems.
- Customize message insert and envelope.
Doesn’t it look like Best Plaid and To a Wild Rose are true friends? I hope you enjoyed this card and remember to send a card to all your friends. Everyone likes to get sweet cards in the mail. Sure beats a bill!
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.