Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a Year of Celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Valentine’s Day, so prepare yourself for lots of hearts and beautiful showcases of love. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the bottom of this post.
Well, of course, bees fit right into the theme of Valentine’s Day InKing Royalty’s Blog Hop. And today I am wrapping up my BEE WEEK (Like Shark Week with fewer teeth) with this puzzle inspired Valentine.
BEE FACTOID: In ancient Egypt, people paid their taxes with honey. I wonder if the IRS would accept cards as payment? Then they could send them out to all the taxpayers and brighten their day.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Basic Black Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ and 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ for frame behind the puzzle
- Golden Honeybee DSP: 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ to die-cut puzzle (FREE During Sale-a-Bration with $50 product purchase)
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the card front panel
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: scrap for stamping/die-cutting sentiment puzzle piece and bee
- Gold Foil Paper: scrap to die-cut puzzle piece
- Whisper White 1/4″ Crinkled Seam Binding: length for the bow
- Gold Metallic Thread
- Black Bakers Twine (extra embellishment stash from Paper Pumpkin kits)
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Die-cut puzzle and adhere pieces to the Basic Black backing frame. Put Black Dimensionals behind the black puzzle frame.
- Stamp sentiment from Love You to Pieces stamp set using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. TIP: Use Stamparatus and apply a couple of layers of ink to make sentiment piece really black.
- Die-cut sentiment and a gold puzzle piece.
- Stamp small bee with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and clear heat emboss. Die-cut bee. Add Black Dimensional.
- Assemble layers as shown.
- Wrap black twine around the lower part of the front card panel.
- Add ribbon with Glue Dot.
- Wrap Gold Metallic Thread around 3 fingers, 3 times. Add Glue Dot to the base of the wrapped thread. Use tweezers to poke thread loops behind bee.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel and adhere to the inside of the card. Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you missed any of the Bee Week projects, check them out by clicking on the day
|DAY 1||DAY 2||DAY 3||DAY 4|
Pressed Petal Banner and Embossed Card create texture for the honeybee
Artist Trading Card using Honey Bee Bundle in Vintage style
|DAY 5||DAY 6||DAY 7||BONUS – HONEY BEE ATC|
VALENTINE’S DAY BLOG HOP LINE-UP
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you’ll buzz over to the next stop on the blog hop, Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you for joining the Valentine’s Day InKing Royalty’s Blog Hop! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.