Greetings and Salutations! Let’s kick off this week and call it Birthday Week. There is a reason for this – it’s my 60th birthday on Wednesday. I saw a card from Martin Stone, a Stampin’ Up! Artisan Design Team 2020 Member, and could not wait to incorporate his ideas into my designs. This card uses heat embossing, watercolor pencils, dies cutting and a journaling pen. So let’s get started on the card using Watercolor Pencils on Black Cardstock with Graphics ala Martin’s inspiration!
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3″ x 5-1/2″
- Golden Honeybee DSP: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (FREE During Sale-a-Bration with $50 product purchase)
- Basic Black Cardstock: stamp and emboss cake image
- Accent Cardstock: a thin strip of accent color (I used Melon Mambo)
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp cake image on Basic Black with White Craft Ink and heat emboss with White Embossing Powder.
- Color image with white watercolor pencil. Then color image with watercolor pencils as it pleases you. TIP: I put white on black before coloring to make the colors more vibrant.
- Die-cut cake image and add black Dimensionals to the right half of the image. HINT: The left side would need 2 Dimensionals to be even with white panel.
- Grab a circle die, ruler and a black journaling pen. Figure out where you want your cake image and then add graphics to that area.
- Splatter the white panel by flicking a Stampin’ Blend Dark Smoky Slate over the area.
- Add white Dimensionals behind the ‘graphic’ panel.
- Assemble layers on the card base as it pleases you. Add some bling (I used Noble Peacock Rhinestones) and additional lines if you like.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel and adhere to the inside of the card.
I hope you enjoyed this fast and fun card. Now go experiment with using Watercolor Pencils on dark cardstock. And until next time…. Do Something Creative Every Day!
AND DON’T FORGET TO
The Theme is BIRTHDAY!
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.