I recently helped my granddaughter make a fleece blanket. She chose the most gorgeous Smoky Slate, Petal Pink, and Whisper White plaid. (Do you find yourself having conversations and using these colors to describe an item? And the best part is that any Stampin’ Up! person will know exactly what color you are describing. Don’t you just love that!) I started thinking that a wedding card in these colors would be stunning. So, I combined the Best Plaid dies with the Peaceful Moments bundle and designed a wedding happiness card.
My color palette
Here is my card
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- 3″ x 4″ for die-cut poppies
- Whisper White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for die-cut plaid blocks
- Smoky Slate cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for card panel
- scraps for die-cut flower centers and leaves
- Petal Pink cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for plaid lines
- scraps for die-cut leaves
- Basic Gray cardstock:
- 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ for card panel base layer
- scraps for die-cut poppy outlines
- Vellum: 1-1/4″ x 3″ for sentiment
- Die-cut the plaid from the Petal Pink and Whisper White cardstock as shown.
- Adhere the layers to form the plaid: Smoky Slate as the base, then Whisper White, and finally, Petal Pink.
- Trim layered panel to 3-3/4″ x 5″. TIP: Trim from the top. You may need to run your trimmer blade over several times to get through all 3 layers.
- Adhere plaid panel to the Basic Gray card panel base.
- Using the Poppy Moments die-cut:
- Thick Whisper White cardstock poppies (one large and one small)
- Basic Gray cardstock poppy outlines (one large and one small)
- Smoky Slate cardstock poppy centers and thin leaves (one of each center and 2 leaves)
- Petal Pink cardstock leaves (2 leaves)
- Add some Petal Pink ink to the flower centers using a sponge dauber. TIP: Apply ink lightly.
- Adhere poppy and leaf layers together using a small amount of Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Add Dimensionals behind the small poppy.
- Stamp sentiment with Whisper White Craft ink onto Vellum.
- Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Attach to the back of the large poppy with glue dots.
- Assemble layers as shown.
- Customize the envelope and inside message panel.
This message from the Peaceful Moments stamp set is perfect for either a wedding or birthday.
I am looking forward to the wedding. I hope that the bride and groom know that they are wrapped in love by all those who attend and those who can not. And that each day they wake up and say ‘I love you’ and know that the day is a good one because they have each other.
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.