Artist Trading Cards are still rather new on the scene for the Stampin’ Up! Community. I am asked, “What do I do with the ATC?” Today I will show you a super quick birthday card made with an ATC. After all, it is still BIrthday Week.
Here is the card. Super simple once you have the Artist Trading Card. Sign up for the SWAP and you will have at least 9 to choose from.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Basic Gray Cardstock: 2-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Watercolor Paper: 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
CREATING THE ARTIST TRADING CARD
- Stamp image onto Watercolor paper with White Craft Ink and heat emboss with White Emboss Powder.
- Watercolor the image using an Aqua Painter and reinkers. TIP Experiment on a scrap of Watercolor paper. I slightly dampen the image where I am going to paint. Then wipe the brush off on a towel and dip into the reinker. Use a light touch. After it dries, you can add more to build up the layers and the shading.
- Stamp sentiment and trim.
- Wrap some metallic thread around 2 fingers and adhere to the back of the sentiment.
- Add the sentiment layer to the image once the image is dry. TIP: I did several and let it dry overnight.
I have to tell you how much I love the new Watercolor Fluid 100 Paper. It is so smooth and the colors just pop. I have several other brands that I was using but this one is by far the best in my humble opinion. Try it, you’ll love it.
CREATING THE CARD (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Emboss the Daffodil Delight cardstock with the Coastal Weave 3D embossing folder.
- Layer the ATC and the Basic Gray Cardstock. Put Dimensionals on the back of the Basic Gray.
- Layer to the embossed Daffodil Delight.
- Add your layers to your card base and admire your work.
Now just imagine….You need a card in 5 minutes. But you have participated in the Murray Stamps, Ink ATC Swap and have lots of ATCs to choose from. so, you grab the one that fits the occasion and layer it on some coordinating cardstock with or without some fancy embossing. Grab one of the fantastic Stampin’ Up! envelopes and use the same embossing folder (optional) to emboss the flap and you are done. Then you do the rodeo ‘hands-up’ or the jig because you finished a card FAST.
That can be a reality. It’s not too late to sign up for the January 2020 ATC Swap. The next ATC SWAP will be in MARCH 2020 and the THEME will be SPRING.
The Theme is BIRTHDAY!
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.