By now you know that I really like to combine new and retired Stampin’ Up! products. I started this card with some inspiration from fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, Jana Müller. Creating a winter card using the Frosted Foliage Bundle, Itty Bitty Birthday stamp set and the retired Lovely Lipstick Foil. It just makes me smile. The Itty Bitty Birthday stamp set (a must-have set for sentiments) has the perfect sentiment for a celebration.
Here is my winter birthday card using the Frosted Foliage Bundle…
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Thick Whisper White card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″
- Lipstick Foil: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (Free during Sale-A-Bration 2019)
- Watercolor paper: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Scraps of Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Cardstock
So let’s work on the different techniques used to make this card.
- Stamp the berry branches from Frosted Foliage stamp set using StazOn Black ink onto the Watercolor paper. Then put some Lovely Lipstick ink on an acrylic block and use an Aqua Painter to paint the berries.
- Put some Lovely Lipstick ink on the tip of the Aqua Painter and tap against the pointer finger on the hand not holding the Aqua Painter (I just had to say that – LOL!). This will create splatters on across the paper. You may want to practice on a scrap to get your tap and splatter direction perfected.
- Die-cut the leaf/berry clusters from the Frosted Frame dies. Using a sponge wedge, distress leaf/berry cluster edges with Soft Suede ink. Adhere over stamped berry image.
- Loop some Linen Thread around 2 fingers and secure with a couple of Glue Dots.
- Stamp sentiment on Soft Suede cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss with Gold Emboss Powder. Add Dimensionals and place over Linen Thread loops.
- Put some light touches of Multipurpose Liquid Glue (or Fine-Tip Glue Pen) randomly on the background and using your Take Your Pick tool add Gold Glitter Flakes (retired item from 2018 Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog) or small sequins.
- Adhere the Watercolor paper panel to the Lovely Lipstick Foil and then onto the Whisper White Card Base.
BONUS Artist Trading Card (ATC) – 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ What is an Artist Trading Card? Check it out here.
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
Do Something Creative Every Day,