Sometimes you just have to be cool. And the Playful Penguin stamp set is all about being cool. I think teenagers love to be told they are cool. So this card is heading out the door to a cool teenager. Sue Seipel, one of my cool friends, designed this card and gave me some tips on layering with the Stitched Nested Labels. Here is the card. Super cool, right?
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Basic Black card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black and Whisper White: 3″ x 5″ to be used to cut frames
- Scraps of Whisper White for sentiment
The most challenging part of this card is adjusting the size of the Stitched Nested Label dies for your layers.
- Stamp your penguin choice in black ink (I used Memento Tuxedo Black). You can choose to die-cut the Stitched Nested Label and then stamp or stamp then die-cut. There is no right or wrong way!
- Using the Stitched Nested Labels (I used the 2nd and 3rd largest), die-cut the larger label from Basic Black and the Whisper White (with your stamped penguin) from the other die.
- Now for adjusting the size of the larger label. Sue brilliantly demonstrated this to our group and I love it. Take the larger label die and line it up so that the top of your Basic Black label is touching the inside of the die. Nestle the cardstock into the stitched holes along the edge (as shown). Run the die back through your die cutting machine with the and stop before you get to the corner.
- Emboss the Whisper White card front with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. This is a retired embossing folder. An alternate idea would be stamping your background with the snowflakes from Free Skate or add a background layer of snowflakes from the Christmas Layers Dies.
- Mount the label layers onto the embossed background with Black Dimensionals.Black Dimensionals are a NEW product from Stampin’ Up! Each package contains both regular and mini sizes. I think they disappear behind the cardstock giving it a more polished look. The eye does wondrous things – this is similar to the black fence that does not block the view.
- Stamp the ‘You’re so cool’ on Whisper White cardstock and fussy cut. I mounted the sentiment at the base of the penguin with white Dimensionals. I think it grounds the image.
- Did you notice the bow tie? We freehand cut it from a piece of black felt and used a Glue Dot in the center to attach. Awesome!
- Adhere the panel to the Basic Black Card Base.
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
Here is a list of the supplies used in this project along with my suggestions for changing it up a bit.